Posted by on Mar 23rd, 2010 in Uncategorized | 0 comments
Is it better to buy a new home or an older home?
When shopping for a new home, buyers usually have a choice between newer homes and older homes. Both choices have their advantages, and most buyers have individual preferences based on their needs and desires. Here are a few of the advantages of buying new homes vs. older homes:
- Less likely to have problems with plumbing, electricity, furnace, water heater, appliances, etc.
- Less likely to require major repairs in the near future.
- Functionally more efficient – New homes are much more likely to have multiple bathrooms, larger rooms, and rooms more suitable for modern lifestyles.
- More likely to have an attached garage.
- Most likely more energy efficient.
- More likely to be located on a cul-de-sac, circle, or quiet neighorhood.
- Have more charm, character, and uniqueness.
- Built with more quality and may be more structurally sound. After all, these homes have already been around for decades.
- Are probably less expensive. You aren’t going to find any brand new houses for sale in Logan for less than $100,000. All the least expensive homes are older.
- Generally in more diverse neighborhoods, more likely to have mature trees, and be closer to shopping.
- Often have more land and larger yards.
Choosing between an older home, and a new home is a preference thing. If you are looking for new homes in Cache Valley, here are a few links to help you out: New Homes in Logan, New Homes in Hyrum Utah, New Homes in Nibley, Providence Utah New Homes, Smithfield Utah New Homes.